Managing your PIT count enumerators
There are a few terms that are important in this section.
- A user has the ability to log in to HIFIS. You might want to create new users for your PiT Count so that they can log in and directly enter surveys into HIFIS.
- A person in HIFIS is someone that does not have the ability to log in to HIFIS. You might want to create new people (persons?) if you’re doing data entry after the fact, and someone will be entering surveys into HIFIS, but not the person who originally completed the survey. That way, the data entry person will be able to select the surveyor from a drop-down menu when they’re entering in the survey.
If you want your surveyors to be users (i.e. have the ability to log in), they’ll also need corresponding user rights. User rights define what the user has the ability to access in HIFIS, and what they can and cannot do while they are logged in. User rights are usually organized into rights templates.
- To add people one at a time, use the Front Desk > People List, and click on Add Person.
- To add users one at a time, use the PiT Count > Volunteers List, and click on Add User.
- To add people or users in bulk, use the PiT Count > Volunteers List, and click on Add PiT Live Volunteers.